Saturday 27 July 2013

Armful Of Hollies

Hi,

Sorry i haven't posted now for over a week, but i've been caught up with doing DT posts and they seem to take me twice along to make !!!, plus last weekend i seriously struggled with the silly temperatures and ended up with 6 migraines in 6 days - my poor body just overheated and however much water i drank, or cool showers or wet tea towels round my neck i did i just couldn't cool down, - fortunately it has cooled down and i'm feeling much better. Also i was caught up with H saying goodbye to his school before he starts his new one in September (well saying that he has a place, but Admissions haven't signed it off yet, so it's all been very stressful).

For anybody interested i'll be in West Yorkshire, well Garforth to be precise from Thursday for a couple of days and i'm looking at taking a visit over to the LOTV shop, if anybody is around and would like to meet up - my e-mail address is on the right side panel.

Today's stamp is one i treated myself to a couple of months ago, as i so love the PB Snowmen - i must have at least 6 now !!, his hat is covered in glamour dust and the snow is 'Aileens True Snow',  the papers are Echo Park 'Season's Greeting's', which i so love i may have to buy another pad !!, sentiment is 'LOTV', holly die Marianne Design 'LR0244' and gems are from my stash.

Today's Card And Challenges :

Papertake Weekly - where the Challenge is 'Die-ing For A Punch !!'

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - where Challenge No: CHNC 135 is 'Snowmen or Women'

Totally Gorjuss - where Challenge No:194 is 'Christmas In July'

Christmas At Sweet Stampin' - where July's Challenge is 'Snow men (or women)'

Sweet Sketch -where they are up to Sketch No: 216 -149

Penny Black Saturday  - where July's Challenge is 'Christmas In July'


Image - Penny Black - 'Armful Of Hollies'
Papers - Echo Park - 'Season's Greeting's'
Sentiment - LOTV
Holly Die - Marianne Design - 'LR0244'
Gems from stash.

Thanks for looking and for any comments you would kindly like to leave, all are most appreciated, Luv Sam x

26 comments:

Judith said...

Aw how cute Sam - I love this snowman and your layout is fab - glad to hear you're feeling better - its lovely to have this nice weather and heat - but in reality we aren't used to it and it really just gets in the way of life!! - I'm certainly trying to get used to it though - thing is it won't stay around long enough!! hugs Judith x

Hazel said...

What a darling snowman - beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 135 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too. x

Kathie said...

Hi Sam what a pretty Christmas card, I love this sweet image and image your design papers and added embellishments. Your Holly die is just so perfect for our Christmas cards. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Sam, I do hope you are feeling better. The heat has been bad here as well. The only advantage is that we are in the monsoon season now and the rain help each day to cool things down a bit. Your card is lovely. I love the holly die cut. It is so cute. Your image is precious. Thanks for sharing your adorable Christmas card with us.
Hugs, Nancy SSW-DT

Joanna M. said...

That Holly die is amazing (thanks so much for including the purchase site AND the order number - I WILL be buying one!). Your papers are fantastic. Great card!
~Jo, SSW-DT

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Sam. I love the cute image, I have a soft spot for Penny Black snowmen too. I love the layout and the way you have used the holly die looks fabulous.
hugs Sue xx

kay said...

Hi Sam, you must have been wiped out my dear,glad you feeling better now,take it easy and enjoy your trip out. Your card is adorable x

coops said...

so gorgeous sam.i love the fab holly and papers and the snowman is adorable :D

xx coops xx

Janice said...

Great card Sam, love the holly theme and those super borders. Hope the rain has managed to clear the air for you and your head. Jx

tilly said...

love your new snowman stamp, he's cute, sorry the weather has made you poorly, must admit I love it, so spend my time outside (under the brolly) and can't get round to sitting to make a card!
Tilly

Claire said...

I hope you are now feeling much better Sam, it has been very hot. Love your Chrimbo card, great image and layout and love the traditional colours. Have a great day. Hugs, Claire x

Unknown said...

I know how you feel with the heat and the migraines Sam - I've been suffering similarly.

Have a good time up here in good old West Yorkshire. You will love the LOTV shop - it's one of my favourites and I am very lucky to live nearby.

I adore your card and take in the sketch. Those snowmen are simply adorable.

Thanks for joining us at SSW this week.

Holly x

Debs said...

Beautiful card Sam - adorable image and that holly die is stunning.
I used to live in Garforth 11 years ago - what a small world!!!
Hope you're feeling better now hun - it certainly has cooled down a lot.
Thanks for playing along at PTW this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Sam, love the cute snowman...enjoy your visit to the LOTV shop.
Hugs Wendy xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Sam this is wonderful, love the image mmm snow will have to get some.. Am so jealous you are going to my fav shop in the world would love to go there but a bit far for a day trip from Devon lol. Love Alison xx

Jeannie said...

Fabulous holiday card and that holly vine is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

downrightcrafty said...

great card love the image
Hugs Kate xx

Sue said...

Sam, I love snowmen too, and this one is so cute. Love all the holly and your red and green color combo, nice holiday card.

Hugs
Sue

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, you asked about the die. Well, oops I made a mistake - its a Die-namics not Memory Box. Here is a link - http://www.diestodiefor.com/proddetail.php?prod=mft-beautifulbow

Your card is gorgeous, cute snowman and great traditional colours,

Liz x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Sam, such a sweet snowman :o)

Re the Lil Inkers bow die... unfortunately I did actually buy it from Lil Inkers in the US! I was gifted some paypal funds, so I thought I'd ignore the high (ish) postage charge and treat myself. They did refund a couple of pounds of the postage charge after it'd been sent though - I'd use them again... Hope that helps! Hugs, Lisa x

Maire Gamber said...

What a great holiday card! I also love your named your blog aftre your little 4 paws! I too am a dog lover! I am you newest follower!

Thank you for joining us at Totally Gorjuss!
Hugs,
Marie XX
http://thejoyofcards.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Hi Sam

Hopefully you have cooled down now .. .. ready for the next onslaught we are being promised!! Eeekkk!!

Loving your Christmas card in its traditional Christmas colours. I bought that image second hand a while back .. .. nearly time to blow the dust off it ready for the Christmas creations.

Lucky you visiting the LOTV shop. I bet I could spend all day in there and not get bored!! LOL!! Hope you had fun.

Love Jules xx

Sharon said...

This is such a gorgeous card, thanks for joining out Christmas in July challenge at TG this week. Good luck! hugs Sharon

Sharon Basel said...

Love the holly vine diecuts and that darling snowman. Really terrific card Sam! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, what a cute image!

Thank you for sharing with us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month! Wedgie xxx

Helen said...

Hope you're feeling better?
Gorgeous card - love the die cuts!
Thanks for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
Helen x