Thursday 5 December 2013

Duck-Noel

Hi,

Well life is a little crazy at the moment, i have been quiet for a week, bar of course my 2 DT cards PB & More and Ready Teddy Go), but i spent 4 days putting 17 cards together for Harrison's Beavers to finish off (there is a picture of the card, if you scroll down), i chose the Bubble Star, but being a cardmaker, i wouldn't let them make anything i wouldn't want to receive myself - that was probably my first mistake !!, as it took me 4 days and 2 shopping trips to The Glitter Pot to make !!

I have used this stamp before, but only with orange card and paper, i'm loving it in Monochrome, with a hint of orange - the only problem is i love 'Black And White Xmas Papers', but can't seem to find anymore, if anybody has any ideas, i would be most grateful, as i have used the last of my DCWV - 'Black And White Prints', now on this card, Ribbon is Stampin Up and orange gems are from stash.

Today's Card And Challenges :

Sketch Saturday - where they are up to Sketch No: 287

Sweet Stampin' - where the Challenge is 'Black, White And Just One Other Colour'

Papertake Weekly - where the Challenge is 'Anything Goes'

Creative Craft Challenges 2 - where Challenge No: 24 is 'Non Traditional Christmas Colours - No Red or Green'

Creative Inspirations - where Challenge No: 243 is 'Contemporary Christmas Colours'


Image - Penny Black - 'Duck-Noel' - covered in Stampin' Up - 'Dazzling Diamonds'
Papers - DCWV - 'Black & White Prints Paper Stack'
Ribbon - Stampin' Up
Gems from stash

And this is the card i made for the Beavers and this is the one H finished off (and i've just noticed he's left off a holographic peel-off !)


Thanks for looking and for any comments, you would kindly like to leave, would be most appreciated, Luv Sam x

18 comments:

Judith said...

Ooo Sam - I hope these boys live up to your high standards!! - I love the design you came up with for them - it's a great card for kids to make also love your NOËL card - I often use that lettering theme for Christmas cards - it's great for quick and easy and always looks great. As for black and white Christmas - have you tried dove craft or first edition - I think I've had Christmas paper from one or the other in black and white - I'm still on holiday right now but I'll see if I can find any when I get home (Saturday : ( ) and if so I'll let you know what it is - I'd try searching on eBay - always a sure thing! Hugs Judith

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous cards Sam..the noel is so lovely and the buttons and bling on the star are magical.

luv CHRISSYxx

tilly said...

Dear me Sam, I think I am pleased I am not a beaver lol.......nothing gets past you! I am sure they will love doing them and the parents will adore them anyway, I love the orange touches on your Noel card
Tilly

susiestacey said...

Lovely cards Sam, the Beavers will love making the star card and a lovely card to receive too x Susan x

Debs said...

Fabulous NOEL card Sam - love the colour combo and the Beaver's card is brilliant bet they loved making them :o)
Debs xx

Sue said...

Your card is gorgeous Sam, I love the image and wonderful colour scheme with that lush ribbon.
I love the card you designed for the Beavers to make, definitely worth all your hard word for sure.
hugs Sue xx

Gail said...

Fabulous black, white and orange card for our challenge. This is just adorable. I love the ducks, I love the glitter over the top of each letter...it's a GREAT card! Thanks for joining us at the Sweet Stampin challenge and hope to see you again soon! --Gail

Gayle's Crafty Blog said...

Great card..Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly..Hugz Gayle xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous noel card Sam, I love that stamp - fab paper too.
Those Beavers can be creative little things, I bet they loved doing the cards.
The star looks brilliant, and I love all the sparkle from the peel offs.
Lorraine x

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are both fabulous Sam, I love the duck Noel.
Kevin xx

Debbie said...

Great card. Thank you for calling in at Sweet Stampin' this week. Debbiex

Wishcraft said...

Love that duck stamp on your first card, and the card for Beavers looks fab. Do you use digi papers hun? You could get some of the Christmas papers from Pink Petticoat and print however much you need then :o) Hugs, Lisa x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Lovely card and perfect for our challenge this week. I love the addition of the orange. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Two gorgeous cards. Love Alison xxx

Janice said...

Harrison is shaping up nicely as your junior card maker. Love his card and tell him he's a clever little Beaver. ( yours is lovely too! ) Jx

Jules said...

Hi Sam

It would be lethal if I lived in travelling distance of The Glitter Pot lol!!!!

Loving your makes and such a great design for the Beavers! I hope they enjoy making their cards.

Did you find some papers?

Love Jules xx

NGCARDS said...

A gorgeous creation! Thanks for playing at Creative Inspirations and all the best for the festive season! xxx

coops said...

so stunning sam.really fab designs and colours :D

xx coops xx